Menaul School Qingdao is the first premier international school to combine a genuine American curriculum, Chinese Cultural Education, and courses designed to develop students’ research literacy. The school is highly committed to equipping future citizens with global vision, Chinese patriotism, the spirit of exploration, and a lifelong passion for learning.
Menaul School Qingdao’s curriculum and course management system are monitored and recognized by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS). Qualified students receive an American High School Diploma, equal in value to any awarded on an American campus. Along with their grades and International Standardized Test scores, students can apply for admittance to overseas universities.
Located in Qingdao Blue Silicon Valley, Menaul School Qingdao is recognized by the Private Education Department of Qingdao Educational Bureau. In 2017-18 the school is offering college-preparatory courses to secondary education (high school) students in grades 9-12. Also pleased to serve as the International Curriculum Center for the prestigious Qingdao No. 2 High School. The schools share teaching resources as well as student organizations, clubs, and extracurricular activities.
Academic Curriculum – General Description:
The majority of Menaul School Qingdao’s curriculum is provided by the Overseas Division of Menaul School, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico (U.S.) and accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS). The structure and details of the curriculum are clearly defined, consisting of a wealth of resources, such as worksheets, quizzes, activities, question banks, tests, and final examinations.
Students take a combination of academic and non-academic courses. To graduate, a student must earn a minimum of 24 credits in grades 10-12, and the American High School Diploma is then granted by Menaul School.
Courses are divided into five modules: Academic Core, Research and Development (R&D), Caliber Development, Character-Building, and Test Preparation & University Application.
· Academic Core Module courses include English, Second Language, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Natural Sciences.
· R&D Module courses focus on research skills acquisition, application, and synthesis, culminating in a Capstone Project. R&D has two tracks: in the STEAM track, students have access to courses like 3D Modeling, Arduino, Robotics, Drone Design, Marine Science, Art Studio, and Racing Car Design. In the Global Leadership track, students can explore the mysteries of psychology, acquire entrepreneurial experience, and cultivate global vision.
· Caliber Development Module provides a wide range of extra-curricular courses, including but not limited to Chinese Culture, Model United Nations, Debate, Toastmasters International, Mock Trial, Business Simulation, and Social Dance.
· Character-Building Module consists of a wide range of short courses, community service, and volunteer work. Short courses like Study Skills, Western Etiquette, First Aid, Positive Psychology, Legal Knowledge, and Wilderness Survival will equip students with the knowledge and skills to deal confidently with situations they will encounter in life.
· Test Preparation and University Application Module: The ultimate objectives of this module are to help students develop advanced language proficiency, acquire useful exam skills, have a clear vision of their post-secondary and life goals, and navigate the university application process.
Minimum Graduation Requirements:
English 4 Years
Social Science 4 Years
Lab Science 4 Years
Math 4 Years
Foreign Language 3 Years
R&D Project 4 Years
Electives 4 Years
Capstone Project Senior Year
We boast an academic staff with high moral standards and deep professional expertise. There are thirty faculty members in total, including twelve foreign teachers from the United States, Britain, Canada, and other English-speaking countries, twenty Chinese teachers, and five academic support staff members.